* Sign up and take the PSAT.
* Sign up for extracurricular activities.
* Start researching colleges and list those that interest you.
* Attend a college fair.
* Research summer enrichment programs, internships, and jobs.
* Visit college websites and request college catalogues.
* Prepare a list of colleges to visit.
* Talk about your after high school plans with your family and school counselor or advisor.
* Register for the SAT and SAT Subject Tests or the ACT.
* Review the course selections for your high school senior year.
* Start a college application file.
* Attend college fairs.
* Apply for a summer enrichment program, internship and/or job.
* Attend junior visit days offered by some colleges.
* Register and study for AP exams.
* Take the SAT and SAT Subject Tests or the ACT.
* Begin work on your college application essays.
* Write a resume of your activities, awards, etc. to help you later on in the college application process.
* Ask several teachers, employers, and others who know you well for letters of recommendation.
* Apply for scholarships