Are you interested in becoming a...
Geneticist, Scientist, or Veterinarian?
Pharmacist, Lab Tech, or Clinical Researcher?
Therapist: Physical, Speech, or Respiratory?
Technician: Surgicial, X-ray, or Labratory?
Fire Fighter, Paramedic, or EMT?
Medical Examiner or Forenics Specialist?
Kinesiologist or Athletic Trainer?
Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner?
Doctor, Surgeon, Dentist, or Psychistrist?
Get a Jump Start!
Join a group of students with similar goals and motivation. Become knowledgable in medical and science subjects not traditionally offered in high school. Fulfill your high school requirements with the opportunity to earn college credit and learn skills that will help you in your medical career!
The Biotech and Health Career Pathway fulfills college-prep requirements. Traditional courses are taught in a new way with a medical emphasis. Specialized science and health electives are included to prepare you for your college courses and career training.
Year 1 - 10th Grade
Medical Biology - 1 Term
Year 2 - 11th Grade
Medical Chemistry - 1 Term
Year 3 - 12th Grade
Microbiology/ Biotechnology - 1 Term
Privileges of the Biotech and Health Career Pathway:
- Healthcare professional mentors
- Healthcare guest speakers
- Fieldtrips to hospitals, clinics, biotech and research companies, colleges, and universities
- Numerous opportunities to participate in paid and unpaid internships at health and research facilities (at age 16 or older)
- Use of State-of-the-Art biotech and medical equipment
- Specialized medical lab experiments
- Health Career Pathway student conferences and sholarships
Pathway Co-Coordinators -
Download the Healthcare Pathway Brochure here.