What is the Family Resource Center?
The Family Resource Center offers a holistic approach to student support services. Our purpose is to increase student achievement in the areas of academic, behavior and attendance through integration of school, home and family support services. Our partner in the FRC is San Diego Youth Services.
Who can use the FRC?
Anyone can access the FRC through a referral from the school's counseling office.
The numbers are: (619) 401-4700
- Vanessa Sliwa (A-Ca) x 14746
- Terri Beach (Cb-Ja) x 14748
- Oralia Ventura (Jb-P) x 14739
- Ben Instone (Q-Z) x 14747
- Tammy Ullsperger (Drop-Our Prevention) x 14733
What does the FRC do?
* Work with school counselors to support families by raising awareness and encouraging involvement in school support systems.
* Provide in home family support, problem solving and advocacy.
* Assist families in connecting with community services and resources.
* Medi-Cal/Healthy Families insurance information. Please call for an appointment.
* Provide parent help with school forms and navigating the school system with our Parent Mentors.
* Monthly Coffee Talk Parent Education Meetings.
* Marriage and Family Therapist Interns to offer confidential individual and family counseling.
The ECVHS Family Resource Center is located at the front of the campus, room 3.
Our hours are from 7:30 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday. Call (619) 401-4786 for more information.
California Smokers Helpline Info: www.californiasmokershelpline.org
San Diego Youth Services: www.sdyouthservices.org
El Cajon Collaborative: www.elcajoncollaborative.org