Ongoing Scholarship Bulletin
**Did you miss the CalSoap Scholarship Night on September 29, 2016?
! Lots of great scholarship tips and information.
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH TIPS:
- Start Early! You should start looking for scholarships 12-18 months before your start of college.
- Do not ignore small scholarships. Four scholarships for $250 are just as good as one for $1,000.
- Apply every year. This is an annual process, not just an incoming college freshman process. You may become eligible for scholarships as you move through college that you were not eligible for as a freshman.
- Look locally. Many local community organizations, churches and business groups award scholarships to students from their city or county.
- Be methodical. Set aside a few hours each week to search for scholarships and to submit applications.
- Be strategic. Apply for scholarships that relate to your major or high school interests and activities. Avoid scholarships where you clearly do not meet the criteria.
Local Colleges Financial Aid and Scholarship Websites
will take you to the FAFSA website where you can request a PIN and fill out the FAFSA on-line. If you have any questions, please ask your counselors before submitting the form. Errors may result in less financial aid and a delay in receiving your award.
NEVER PAY TO FILL OUT YOUR FAFSA! IT IS FREE!!!
California Dream Act