Flag Practice Schedule:
Tuesday 10/23 - 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Monday 10/29 - 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Tuesday 10/30 - 2:45pm to 4:45pm
Friday 11/02 - 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Monday 11/05 - 3:00pm to 5:00pm (dress rehearsal)
Permission slips will available Monday 9/24. Spaces are limited!
November 5 - Welcome and Parade of Flags - Lunch (Dress rehearsal for assembly after school - 3pm)
November 6- In class activities
November 7 - In class activities and Night Assembly 7pm (tickets will be $3 for students and $5 for adults, children under 5 are admitted for free)
November 8 - Day Assembly
November 9 - In class activities and Lunch activities
All Week - Flag making in the Library - Period 7 door decorating contest
Do you want to carry a flag? Follow these steps:
1. See Ms. Merschtina in room 502 if you want to be a flag carrier.
2. Attend the after school practices ~ times to be announced. Grade check sheets will be given out at a practice and need to be returned. Students need to have passing grades in order to participate in the day assembly.
3. Perform in the parade of flags on 11/5/18 at lunch. Dress Rehearsal after school 11/5 at 3pm.
4. Perform in the assemblies 11/7/18 evening and 11/18/18 day.
Do you want to have a group in the assembly? Follow these steps:
1. Pick a Student Leader
2. The Student Leader needs to fill out this form
by October 17 - NO EXCEPTIONS.
***Group practices are available to be held Mondays and Wednesdays from 3pm-4pm starting Tuesday, September 13. All groups will need to sign in at the Sports Complex with Mrs. Klepach on the days when they are practicing and then move to the location of their practice on campus. Groups wanting to practice at different times need to do so off campus (making sure that all parents know and are okay with the practice location and times.)***
3. The Student Leader needs to attend the assembly meeting October 17 at lunch in room 509. If the Student Leader does not attend, the group cannot perform in the assembly.
4. After approval on October 17, groups will be given grade check forms for every member of the group. Grade check forms are due at the tryouts the following week. Students need to have passing grades in order to participate in the day assembly.
***No former students or other non-students are allowed to be in the assembly. Invite them to watch instead.***
5. Tryouts are for approved groups only - October 24, 2pm. At least one male and one female group member must come to the tryouts wearing the proposed performance outfit - dress code is still in effect. Group lists are finalized at this time - there will be no late additions to groups. Please come with your music cut the way you need it to be for your dance/ song.
6. Dress rehearsal - Monday November 5, 3pm.
7. Night Set up and Assembly - all performers need to be here by 5pm on 11/7/18 for a final run through. Night Assembly is 7pm.
8. Day Assembly is 11/8/18.
***Songs can be no more than 2 minutes in length and need to be school appropriate.***